Having children and raising a family is a time when we benefit greatly from being part of a community and making new friendships with people at the same stage of life. Church can provide that sense of community and help families with Christian values connect with other people in the area. St John’s Heidelberg welcomes all new families and hopes that you will come along to one of our services or events soon!
Sunday School at St John's Heidelberg
On the first Sunday of the month, we provide a kids group for primary school age children. This is part of our 10:15am Sunday service. The children start with their parents in the church building, and have their own program during the sermon.
Our mainly music program is very popular and a great activity with singing and dancing and activities for the kids. Please see more information about mainly music here.
Our commitment to child safety
Banyule Anglican Parish is committed to child safety.
• We want children to be safe, happy and empowered.
• We support and respect all children, as well as our volunteers.
• We are committed to the safety, participation and empowerment of all children.
• We have zero tolerance of child abuse, and all allegations and safety concerns will be treated very seriously and consistently with policies and procedures which are in place.
• We have legal and moral obligations to contact authorities when we are worried about a child’s safety, which we follow rigorously.
• Banyule Anglican Parish is committed to preventing child abuse and Identifying risks early, and removing and reducing these risks.
• Banyule Anglican Parish has robust human resources and recruitment practices for all of our staff and volunteers.
• Banyule Anglican Parish is committed to regularly training and educating our staff and volunteers on child abuse risks.
• We support and respect all children, as well as our staff and volunteers.
• We are committed to the cultural safety of Aboriginal children, those from a culturally and/or linguistically diverse backgrounds, and to providing a safe environment for children with a disability.
• We have specific policies, procedures and training in place that support our leadership team, staff and volunteers to achieve these commitments.
If you believe a child is at immediate risk of abuse, phone 000.